When this came in I saw potential and I knew axactly what I wanted to do with it.
I sanded the lid,painted it black let that dry,painted dried basil green over that then sanded.Put a coat of dark walnut over that and WAHLAH!
Then I went to APPhttp://aprimitiveplace.org/featuredhome.html and looked under crafts and one of the girls on there so graciously had free labels to download and print.http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/manda47446/ Thanks so much Manda!I wanted a darker label so I took a brown paper bag and cut a piece out of it the same size as a regular size paper to fit in the printer.Then I printed the label out on that and cut.Used mod podge on the back of the label then went over it with mod podge after I attached it to the jar. Here it is all done.Not sure what I want to put in it yet but I really luv how it turned out.
My second makeover is this cutting board I found at a local antique store.I sanded it so that paint would stick.Painted it black.Let that dry and sanded it off to give that used look.Then took dark walnut stain over that and here it is....................................