Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fly Screen

Hello everyone.Well it's another rainy day here in central Illinois.Thought it would be a good day to post a picture or two of my recent creation,an old fly screen.I purchased an old colander,cut the wires off and spray painted it.I wasn't real sure of the color.I wanted it to look old and rusty and I wasn't sure if it turned out that way.I was going to purchase a wooden knob but my DH reminded me that we had some of the old glass knobs that we could use.I thought that would be ok.It was something different.I think it turned out pretty good.I still want to get something to put underneath or possibly make something if I can find some old molds.


4 comments:

Christine said...

You did a good job - the sheep is really cute, too!

Lisa said...

Your fly screen turned out nicely. I made one awhile back and sprayed mine with rusty colored spray paint as well as a bit of black. It turned out pretty good too. I was definitely pleased. Aren't these little crafty projects so much fun!?!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi! I just found your blog! Love the fly screens. I want to go shopping in your area. Looks like some great stores. Where is Cornell? I'm southeast of St. Louis about 35 min. from Belleville. Very cute blog!

Carey
http://americangirlprimitivesnsuch.blogspot.com/

I Play Outside The Box said...

The fly screen turned out great!!