Thursday, June 18, 2009

My first pantry cakes

Hello everyone.I just wanted to share what I have been doing.I finally made some of these cute lil pantry cakes.I bought the molds at a local antique shop awhile back.When Char over at The pickled pepper patch posted her faux pantry cake recipe,I knew this was the recipe for me,easy! Thanks Char! I think they turned out pretty good for my first try.I think my next batch I am not going to put as much spices on the outside.It was so funny when my DH came in last night and they were on the counter.He picked it up and said they looked good enough to eat.They actually do look just like lil cinnamon cakes.

Here they are after I took them out of the molds.I have to admit,My DH had to help me with this part.They weren't coming out very easy,so he told me to put them in hot water and after little pounding they popped right out.
Here they are all spiced up on top of my old board with cheesecloth underneath.
AND......

with my screen that I made.
Everyone have a great day! Until next time,SHERRI

6 comments:

TeresaM said...

They did turn out great!!! I love Char's recipe too. Have some made up for my shows! Your whole display looks wonderful!

Teresa

Lisa said...

They look great and I love the molds that you have. I too have a fly screen cover and love mine. So prim and perfect looking for a prim home!!

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Lisa

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

Your pantry cakes turned out great, Sherri! I love your display with the fly screen.

~Kris~

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Your pantry cakes looks nice. Love the molds.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I just became a follower:) Love the pantry cakes, I have to make myself somemore, and the fly screen looks really nice.
Rondell

Unknown said...

Looks great!!