Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back to school recipe pool

I wanted to join in Colleens recipe pool.Sorry it's a day late:0( Cooler weather is on the way,so I thought I would post this delicious chili recipe. I know there are alot of chili recipes out there but this one is from my favorite cooks, Paula Deen.You can't go wrong with one of her recipes.It's hard to believe but this one doesn't call for butter,hehehe! It's so simple,just throw together in crockpot and let simmer all day.It's YUMMO! I did make some changes.Instead of whole tomatoes I use a can of tomato juice.My family doesn't like tomatoes and I don't care for thick chili.I also used petite diced tomatoes.Also,I used chili beans instead of black beans.I also like to shred my onion.It says to simmer for 4 hours but I just put mine in the crockpot.
http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/jamies_chili/
Rather than typing this out,I am just giving you the link to her website.If anyone out there tries this,let me know what you think.If you would like to join in Colleen's Friday recipe pool just click herehttp://andbabymakesfive-colleen.blogspot.com/2009/08/back-to-school-recipe-pool-week-1.html?
Have a great weekend everyone. Until next time,

3 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Thanks for contributing to the recipe pool this week, Sherri! I love Paula Deen too! Her Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is a cold-weather favorite here.

I hope you'll join us again ... especially now that there's a bit of fall in the air.

Enjoy your weekend!

basketsnprims said...

Sherri ~
We love chili and I love Paula Deen so I will definitely give this a try. Thanks.
I hope to contribute to Colleen's recipe pool next week.
Have a great weekend.
Pam

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I have my own tried and true dump chili recipe I make in my Nesco oven. I used to make 18 qts at a time when Jay played football. I never measure, I just dump it all in! LOL