Friday, September 18, 2009

Back to School Recipe Pool

Another weekend is upon us. Where does the time go? Oh I know, taking care of the house and family and if time allows, you get to sneak some time for yourself. As all of us wives and mothers know, that time is few and far between.
I am not complaining though, I love taking care of my family. Nothing gives me more pleasure than having my guys come home and making a nice dinner for them to enjoy after a long days work. So after saying that, I thought I would join in the recipe pool this week and share one of the recipes that they love.
So go on over to Colleen's blog http://andbabymakesfive-colleen.blogspot.com/ and check out all the other yummo recipes when you get the time.
I am going to share an easy salisbury steak recipe. Sorry no pictures today :(
Quick and Easy Salisbury Steak
1 lb.hamburger
1 lb.turkey
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
4 shakes worcestershire sauce
couple dashes garlic powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 cans cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup
Combine turkey, hamburger and 1/2 pkg onion soup mix, garlic and worc. sauce. Shape into patties and fry. Combine remaining onion soup mix, mushroom soup and milk and add to patties. Simmer 20 minutes. Make gravy with pan drippings. Serves 6.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I received my Country Sampler yesterday and just wanted to congratulate Janae over at http://coopriders.blogspot.com/2009/09/snowman-has-landed.html. Her home is one of the featured homes. Go on over and take a peak. Congrats Janae! Well deserved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Until next time,

4 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Have a great weekend.


Diana

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hummm - I don't do mushrooms but I bet I could find a substitute! What do you serve this with??

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

That sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for sharing. Do you serve this with noodles or rice?

lillie mae acres said...

Sounds yummy. I think I'll have to try this. Have a good weekend.