Friday, September 25, 2009

Recipe Pool

Hello again everyone. Want to share another recipe that I just tried this week and WOW what a hit with the guys. It was really very good and very easy.
One pot pork chop supper:
1T. butter
4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
3 redskin potatoes, thick sliced or quartered
2 c. baby carrots( I cut these in half lengthwise)
1 onion quartered
1 can cream of mushroom soup or soup of choice
1/4 c. water
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chops,3 minutes per side or until brown. Add vegetables. Mix soup and water in a small bowl and pour over chops. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
I only had bone in chops on hand so I used these and it was still very good. I also used white potatoes. The recipe said to quarter the potatoes but thought it would cook faster if they were thickly sliced. I also cut the carrots in half for the same reason. Serve with bread of your choice and applesauce.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My dh is going to try and get some more done on the deck but I just heard that it is suppose to rain all weekend. Also, my DSIL is going to get another grandchild today. Her DIL is having a c-section today. They already know it is a little boy. I know my DSIL is very excited right now and very anxious. I will post when I know more.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hope everyone has a great weekend, Until next time

4 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

One pot?! Oh, yes... we'll be trying this one for sure. It sounds delicious!

I'm so glad you keep sharing your favorites with us. Keep 'em coming and have a great weekend!

Carmen S. said...

That sounds yummy and very easy too, I'm all for one pot meals:)Enjoy your day!!!

Diana Ferguson said...

Ooohhh, thanks for this one. I think this would go over well!


Diana

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I bet that could go in a slow cooker too! I am trying this one soon!!